The British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS) are proud to present the first of many trainee-focused events with a session focused towards a career in spinal surgery.
Topic: So you want to be a Spinal Surgeon?
When: Tuesday 30th June 2020 - 8pm
Where: Zoom Online Webinar
Registration: Free of charge
To register, visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FxlGoCoVQHeWHYqE9z-WlA
This session will cover:
- Current training pathways in the UK, with an update on the Advanced 'In-Training' Fellowship in Spinal Surgery (a.k.a. STiG = Spinal Training Interface Group)
- What makes a good fellowship?
- Examples of post-CCT fellowship training in the UK and abroad with a discussion about what each route offers.
- There will also be ample opportunity to ask the panel questions via the Q&A tab.
The panel includes:
Host: Zacharia Silk (BASS Trainee Rep)
- Niall Eames (Consultant, Belfast)
- Hui-Ling Kerr (Consultant,
- Fahid Rasul (Fellow, Royal London Hospital)
- Zacharia Silk (Fellow, Great Ormond Street Hospital)
Moderators: Sashin Ahuja (BASS President) / Rajat Verma (BSS Education)
The event is free to attend and open to non-members too. Please share with your colleagues and trainees.
For those unable to attend, or wish to review the content again at a later stage, the webinar will be recorded and posted onto the BASS website, within the members section.
Details of how to become a BASS member can be found here: https://spinesurgeons.ac.uk/Member-Benefits
1. Is there a limit to the number of registrants?
There is no limit on registration, however our webinar platform the limit of attendees at any one time is 500, so when this reaches capacity during the webinar, no other users can enter. It is highly unlikely that we will hit this limit, but we do need to make attendees aware.
2. Will the event/webinar be recorded?
Yes - we plan to make the recording available to BASS members after the event. Previous Webinar recordings can be found on the members-only section of the BASS website.
3. Will the session interactive?
Yes - you are welcome to ask questions to the panel via the ‘Q&A’ function at the bottom of your screen. The panelists will do their best to answer your questions live, or write back to you.
4. Will I get a certificate?
Yes - following a completed feedback form which will be provided to attendees at the end of the event. Certificates will be sent the following week.
5. Can non-members attend?
Yes - this event is *freely available to surgeons (junior and senior), so please share amongst your colleagues and trainees.
* BASS reserve the right to email/contact non-members to suggest becoming BASS members in the future. Future webinars may be limited to members only.
British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS), RCSEng, 35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PE
Registered Charity - No.1150365
Company Registration - No.08156883