Applications are invited for the 2019 Travelling Fellowship - closes 2nd December
The British Association of Spinal Surgeons (BASS) and the British Scoliosis Society (BSS) offer senior residents, spinal fellows and consultants within two years of appointment a chance to have extensive exposure to complex spinal procedures at established spinal units over 2 weeks.
The Fellowship programme includes mandatory attendance at the following BASS/BSS meetings. The programme rotates between established orthopaedic and neurosurgical spinal centres allowing significant contact between fellows and leaders in the field.
The Fellowship will take place between 4th and 15th March 2019. The fellowship will rotate around centres in the North West and Midlands. The candidates will then visit Cardiff at the end of the fellowship.
Further details can be obtained from Mr Rohit Shetty, BASS Executive member for Education – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To apply, please submit your CV, along with a personal statement describing your career pathway, interests and future plans.
2. Please submit a letter of recommendation from your supervising consultant/clinical lead.
3. Your application should be sent to Henry Dodds at UKSSB@boa.ac.uk by Sunday 2nd December 2018. (only Word or PDF file formats accepted)
Selected candidates will be informed in early December 2018.
1. Applicants should be members of either BASS, BSS, BOA, SBNS or local spine society.
2. Applicants should be post-FRCS exam senior residents, clinical spinal fellows or junior consultants in the first 2 years of their appointment.
3. Previously unsuccessful applicants can re-apply.
4. Fellowships cannot be awarded retrospectively.
1. BASS/BSS will reimburse travelling expenses up to £2,000. Claims must be submitted within 6 months of the Fellowship. Detailed financial arrangements will be provided to successful candidates.
2. International fellows will be required to pay for their flights to the UK.
3. By accepting the Fellowship, all awardees agree not to partake in any activities that will bring
BASS/BSS and/or sponsors into disrepute. BASS/BSS accept no liability for the actions of the candidates whilst on the Fellowship or for activities related to it.
4. Each Fellow is required to submit a report of approximately 500 words within 6 weeks of completion of the Fellowship. This may be published on the BASS and/or BSS websites and official communications.
British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS), RCSEng, 35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PE
Registered Charity - No.1150365
Company Registration - No.08156883